- Relieves stress & tension.
- Soothes muscle and joint pain.
- Helps to treat insomnia and anxiety.
- Can be used to relieve irritated, inflamed skin.
- Soothes any skin problem that results in a“burning” sensation.
- Repels insects.
- Cooling qualities make for a perfect summertime treat
- Can be used for treating lice (great natural product for cat and dog grooming)!
Vetiver roots have been used in Ayurvedic practices for hundreds of years. More commonly known in India as “Khus” or “Ramacham”, the vetiver plant is indigenous to the southern regions of the India and has been revered for its ability to thrive during the scorching heat of the summer season.
These hand-woven bath scrubbers have a mild aroma, which can be released by soaking in hot water for at least 15 minutes, but the main benefit is to use these natural roots as a cooling, tension relieving exfoliator during your bathing ritual.
1) Put some hot water in a large bowl and soak the roots for 10-15 minutes to soften and release the naturally sweet aromas.
2) Gently massage the skin with the roots while in bath or showerl, to relax the entire body and remove any dead skin cells.
3) Squeeze the scrubber and hang to dry properly.
The cooling qualities of the vetiver also make this a great tool to soothe pain initiated from waxing or similar skin irritations that cause a “burning” sensation. If intended for this purpose, then also make good use of the infused hot water that you initially soaked the scrubber within, to gently douse and treat the affected area.
NOTE: This natural bath scrubber might feel a little rough on the skin if used directly like a traditional loofah. Please follow the steps below, to ensure a quality and soothing experience.