Pet Shampoo Bars
Read more about our Shampoo Bars ! You like to keep your skin and hair healthy and glowing with the very best natural chemical free skin and bodycare products for yourself, right? But you also want the very best healthy care for your pet, too. As Australia's leading producer of premium quality skincare products we have bow wow wowed to the pressure (sorry!) and the 100% chemical-free Pet shampoo bar that you all demanded is here. You got it! Chemical-free pet care is as important for animals as it is for us, since harmful chemicals are absorbed through the skin in the same way. Your everlovin doggie deserves it!
- rich in moisturising gentle waxes and oils
- especially for sensitive, dry, flaky skin
- fights pesky fleas with powerful natural essential oils including Tasmania's exciting new Kunzea and antibacterial Indian neem oil
- easy rinse lather for soft, shiny coat and healthy skin
- 100% biodegradable pure vegetable soap
- 100% chemical and detergent free - does not strip vital moisture and oils from coat / skin
Why use biodegradeable gentle soap instead of harsh synthetic detergents?
- Commercial shampoos (human or pet) contain many toxic and destructive chemicals such as the foaming agents sodium laureth sulphate and cocamide betaine. These strong chemical de-greasers strip the hair of up to 4/5 of its natural oils and eventually produce sore, dry scalp / skin conditions and irritate the eyes.Sadly these foaming agents are used because consumers seem to believe incorrectly, that a lot of lather means a shampoo is working well.
- Chemical detergents-invented only 50 or so years ago-are far less bio-degradeable than natural soaps (which have been used by humans and no doubt their pets! for literally thousands of years) and are harmful to marine life and the environment.
- Detergents pollute our waterways producing algal blooms that kill wild life - essentially doing exactly the same damage as phosphate laden laundry and household detergents.
- The same applies to 'conditioners', which closely resemble the fabric conditioners they started life as, in both structure and chemical content, and simply coat the hair with a form of silicone plasticiser to make it 'shine'.
Our bars are:
- bio-degradable and eco-friendly
- no synthetic antioxidants, optical brighteners, maturing stabilisers,hardeners sodium lauryl sulphate (lathering agents) animal products
- The colour of the bar directly reflects the natural waxes and flea chasing essential oils used to hand make it.
Users report that:
- when not stripped by detergents, coat and skin return to a healthy state, lubricated by their own naturally occurring oils (sebum)
- dry, sore, flaky skin conditions (often aggravated by the drying synthetic products used before) improve almost immediately as the skin and coat recover their natural healthy state.
- Conditioner? we strongly suggest a simple natural apple cider vinegar rinse (1-2 tablespoons in last rinse water) that our grandmothers used in simpler times to rinse out any remaining soap, restore the pH balance and leave doggies coat naturally glossy and soft.